Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 7

What would it be like to be totally consumed with the Infinite with no personal desires? I don't know, but today I feel closer to that place than I have in a long, long time. The main feeling is of FREEDOM!

At the same time, what I keep "hearing" from the Divine is to know know Her not only in spirit, but as body, as form, as earth...over and over this seems to be my area of growth...to know God not only in the Invisible, but also in the visible...a nondual awareness yes, but also I'm being guided to appreciate specifically the chi of God, the energy/light/prana/holy spirit of the Divine as me and all of life.

So I've begun yoga once a week with Jack, (different from the endorphin high of jogging, which doesn't always lead me to actually feeling my body) which I love. We'll see how else all this guidance shows up, I'm still unsure.

And how cool that at the end of the day to talk to my Mom and she starts talking to me about Ken Wilber and integral theory!!! Wow! It's a beautiful and amazing world!


Oh and...did you ever see Last Temptation of Christ, by the brilliant Martin Scorcese? Yes brilliant, but his attempt to make Jesus human was so depressing...who would follow that guy? It's bugged me ever since I saw it, so I just had to mention it. There was all this hoopla around the movie, about Jesus maybe sleeping with a woman and I can't remember what else. I remember none of that bothered me, what bothered me is the guy never smiled, or showed any qualities of Light..and yet he was the guy to forever impact this earth?!! Scorcese missed the boat on this one in my perspective. Did he ever see Gandhi? ..I remember seeing William Dafoe in an interview, laughing and entertaining and I thought, "wow, he's shining more Christ light now than he did in that movie." What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Mom talking about Ken Wilber? Did she have a fever? :-) just kidding of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. She watched a dvd of Wilber and Father Thomas Keating at Plymouth before Sunday service. Though when I've shown her some Wilber dvds, she was completely resistant, I guess the church enviornment made her more willing...she really liked it!

    ReplyDelete