Friday, November 20, 2009

At Play In The Field Of The Infinite

Do you have long conversations with Spirit too?

As I'm picking up our apartment in preparation for a playdate today, God and I are talking away. The key to these conversations is to listen as much as I talk. What cracks me up is that this Infinitely Loving, Intelligent Presence asks me questions that seem so utterly irrelevant to what I'm asking about! Yet I have discovered from having many of these conversations that if I just go with it, somehow an entirely new perpective about my question reveals itself in such a surprising way.

It reminds me of Socrates famous quote, "All that I know is I know nothing" and the Beginners Mind talked about so frequently in zen. It's the best way to live, yet I still amaze myself how often I think God is wrong and have to battle it out with Her...always to be broken down and be opened in Love, awe and gratitude (the Infinite never disturbed by my egoic attitude).

Well that was my day today...great, holy conversation while I picked up our home. Didn't have the fight in me today, so the conversation flowed easily and abundantly in Spirit, revealing and healing.

The vision for this motherhood ministry continues to reveal itself. I describe it here not to etch it in stone, but to allow the creativity of God to express Itself as it has thus been revealed.

What I have seen is a Monday morning visioning at our home for anyone who is interested in discovering the God's Vision for their life. Then on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, inviting anyone who is interested to our home, to join me in a 4o minute silent meditation. What a yummy addition to the whole cleaning and learning to cook thing!

Are you feeling it?!


Oh and...I forget how puritan our country is until I have something in which to compare it. I'm amazed in the 100 pages I've read so far in War and Peace, how much love and affection is expressed on such a regular basis between the characters. Men saying, "my dear, I love you" to men friends, women kissing each other "all over" and expressing love to one another. It really pops out at me as I read...what, no high fives?

1 comment:

  1. YO! HARRIET, YEZ GURL I FEEL YA & YO! HERE IZ A HIGH 5 4SHO!!! YEA! YEA! U R 2 COOL 4REAL!!!:)KEEP DOIN' IT GURL...KEEP WRITIN' 4SHO!!!:)

    ReplyDelete