Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 15

The end of a great Thanksgiving holiday! Today we put up our Christmas tree, though the tradition is a bit different than when I was a girl. Today we put our fake tree together, which Julian now remembers how to do, so he excitedly helped every step match colors and slide the branches in the right slot. It feels a lot different than buying a live tree and decorating it...but Julian's excitement is just as much as mine was, as this is his tradition.

Well the next step to my Vision has been revealed...and unfortunately, it's hard because it requires me to change more than is comfortable. But the alternative is to say no, and keep doing what I'm doing, which is familiar but it's own form of hell. Today I heard a great quote by Rumi which I can't remember except for something along the line of; we have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, away from torturing ourselves..that sure resonates.

Well...here goes nothing...and everything.


Oh and...I ask about who are the artistic visionaries of our time, because I am stunned as I read War and Peace how deeply Tolstoy knew people. His depiction of all kinds of people, in their subtle, inner experiences, as well as outer behavior, is revelational. It's an easy and engrossing read, as we people are quite interesting. Won't you join me in reading this great epic?

No comments:

Post a Comment