Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 14

Motherhood and ministry: it's been a wonderful few days with my family, yet there is no question that when I'm not operating in alignment with a larger Vision, there is a lack of focus behind everything.

Actually, that's not exactly correct, there is a Vision, but I am at a place of not knowing what the next step is, so there is a lot of listening to see what it is. So playing with Jack and Julian (Julian rode his bicycle today for the first time without training wheels...it was so fun riding all around the park with Jack and him) is great, at the same time, I find myself inward, "what is next God, what is my next step?"

Even as I sit to write a blog, though many interesting little thoughts roll around my head -
like I read recently that republicans are tired of President Obama using the
word, "unprecedented"...and it is exactly how I feel in the spiritual world
where everyone is "the first", or "the best", "deepest", "most
transformative"
etc...one superlative after another, all to distinguish
one's essential
uniqueness from everyone else...a quality of the Information
Age I think, when
we have access to everyone who has ever
lived uniqueness, our own
originality seems a little less
so...so then we feel we have to
overemphasize ours to prove our worth -

they are thoughts that are not there to serve anything in particular but my own distracted musings. Thus, between family time and this questioned that has not yet been answered, musings are all I have...and they don't really serve anyone.

Oh and...who are the visionaries artists of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment